"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bye Bye Summer!

Today is the 1st day of September, and yesterday when I was out I couldn't help but notice all the fall decorations. And although I am a huge fan of summer, I love the fall season! Now I wouldn't mind skipping winter and going right to spring....cause I really hate the cold, but I know that isn't possible. So even though it is still a little toasty outside, I think I am ready to say "bye bye" to summer and "hello" to fall!

So today I thought I better can some strawberry jam before the strawberries are out of season. It is great on homemade bread or rolls!! yum yum! It does take some time, but it is worth the effort!


The little baby jars are so cute, and they make great gifts too! I have someone who always request for their birthday some of my rolls and jam. So to have it on hand makes it easy.

Now i can't wait for pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, soups, and best of all.... the holidays!


3 comments:

Tara said...

Look at you little Miss Holly Homemaker! Looks good. I'll take some of it. Oh and the rolls too! They are oh so yummy!!!

Sarah S. said...

I am salivating reading this post. I love homemade strawberry jam. Can I put in a birthday request too? Just kidding. I was just thinking today if it's crazy of me to put out my fall pumpkins and decor when it is still so blasted hot outside. Glad I have another friend who loves fall as much as I do.

Vickie said...

well look at you making jam. I't looks really good, Even though I don,t eat it but Dad sure loves it. Oh but I do love the rolls. You sure didn't learn how to make all this fancy stuff from your mom. Ha Ha I can't wait for fall too.